5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Passages Malibu (Socal Drug Rehab)
There are many physical and psychological signs to indicate your loved one has an addiction and may benefit from Southern California (Socal) drug rehab at Passages Malibu. These signs can vary depending on the exact type of drug and alcohol addiction involved, but generally include:
- Sudden and unpredictable mood swings
- A seemingly permanent change in behavior
- Lack of personal hygiene
- Loss of interest in hobbies and activities
- Sleep pattern changes
If your loved one is displaying any of these signs and has you worried, then it’s talk to them about their possible addiction and help them consider their available options. Socal drug rehab at Passages Malibu, for example, is an excellent way to alleviate the burden of drug and alcohol addiction using holistic methods without prescription drugs or other chemicals.
How to Ask Your Loved Ones About Getting Socal Drug Rehab at Passages Malibu
Getting a family member or friend to get help with their drug and alcohol addiction can be tough. Be sure to always:
- Show empathy – Ask open-ended questions and avoid accusations. Try to keep the topics generalized and try not to argue or criticize (politely excuse yourself and walk away if the conversation gets too intense). The overall goal is to show concern and not contempt.
- Establish boundaries – Otherwise known as “setting limits”, establishing boundaries is a way to reduce your own personal stress and involvement in the addiction. Set clear limitations on what you will and won’t do (example: “no more drugs and alcohol in the home”).
- Foster responsibility – You need to encourage your loved one to take responsible for themselves by going to Socal drug rehab on their own accord. If they refuse treatment, make it clear (without condemnation or shouting) that you will support their decision, but at the same time, you also will no longer be responsible for them or their actions.
- Get support – If you are unable to convince them on your own, then maybe an intervention with friends and family can help. Professional intervention counselors can make sure the process goes smoothly.
Things to Avoid Saying to Your Loved One
You obviously care for this person very intensely, but try not to let your emotions override the goal to get them into Socal drug rehab. For example, don’t tell them that “they have to stop” or that they’re “going to die”, as your concern can easily be misconstrued as resentment and contempt.
Similarly, don’t put guilt on them with statements like “you’re killing me” or “you’re tearing apart the family”. They need to know that they are well-loved and simply need to get help. The goal of the conversation is to reunify the family, not rehash old quarrels.
Passages Malibu Provides Quality Socal Drug Rehab
Established in 2001, Passages Malibu provides high-end holistic Socal drug rehab services to people from all around the world. We encourage you to check out our website to learn more about how to handle a drug and alcohol addiction as well as ways we can provide direct assistance. Please call us anytime and speak to a live Care Coordinator for more information.